I have been running Tomcat 6.0.18 successfully on Windows Server 2003 for
several weeks now using startup.bat.  I just got around to trying to install it
as a service using the instructions at

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

I see the Notice at the top of the page saying that this is now obsolete, but I
didn't know that when I started, and would like to avoid the hassle of starting
from scratch with the Windows Service Installer (apache-tomcat-6.0.18.exe) if
possible.

The symptom I see is that I get "Access is denied." when catalina.bat finally
executes the call to tomcat6.exe.  I've echoed the command line and all the
parameters appear to be correct.

I'm hoping that there is an easy to fix Windows permissions issue here, but
I've been unable to find any relevant posts in my searches.  (I am running
service.bat as Administrator.)  Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks, andrew