> From: andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: service.bat install failure (Windows, v 6.0.18)
>
> I do have a *wild* guess that this problem has something to
> do with userid that the tomcat service uses to "Log On As".
> Usually this is something like, "Local System"

It's "Local System".

> Perhaps I am not granting needed permissions to some user?

Can't see how, unless there's something really locked down on your particular
server.

I'm just throwing out things to look at here:

What account owns Tomcat's bin directory?  Does your the administrator account
you're using have update access to the Windows registry?  Is it "the"
Administrator account, or one that's a member of the Administrators Group?  Can
you try running tomcat6.exe from a command line and specify a known valid
account?

Are you sure you're not running on Vista?  (Just kidding :-)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.