> From: andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: service.bat install failure (Windows, v 6.0.18)
>
> I see the Notice at the top of the page saying that this is
> now obsolete

They're obsolete primarily because service.bat does it all for you; as far as I
can tell, it's just procrun 1.0 that's obsolete, not the instructions.

> The symptom I see is that I get "Access is denied." when
> catalina.bat finally executes the call to tomcat6.exe.

Why do you say "catalina.bat"?  Did you mean service.bat?

> I've echoed the command line and all the parameters appear
> to be correct.

What are they?

Try commenting out the @echo off at the top of service.bat so you can see the
path it takes through the script.

> I'm hoping that there is an easy to fix Windows permissions
> issue here

Are you positive you're running as administrator?

Do you already have Tomcat installed as a service?  (The service name is
normally 'Tomcat6'.)  If so, try removing it first using the Services snap-in.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.