Am 11.12.2008 05:19, schrieb Caldarale, Charles R:
From: andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: service.bat install failure (Windows, v 6.0.18)

I did a completely clean extract of the 6.0.18 tar.gz archive

I usually use the .zip for Windows, but it should be the same thing.

I think you (Andrew) should use the zip on Windows, because a lot of file have platform specific line endings in the tar.gz resp. .zip.

For example the config files should differ. It depends on the tools you use, whether that is transparent or an annoyance.

Regards,

Rainer