> However, I am *in no way asking* the developers to reverse the "final"
> policy.

We actually relaxed that way more as we felt more confident about
Wicket's API and as motivated requests came in. Personally, I think
using final or not should be a deliberate choice (not automatic). If
you never use it, you can arrive to that evolutionary dead-end pretty
quickly (or indeed will have to break clients all the time), but if
you over-use it, your framework will lack flexibility. Anyway, IF you
stumble upon a final in a place where you'd like to see it go, you can
always send a motivated request for that. We've typically been willing
to remove finals when a good motivation was given.

Eelco