From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:38:25 -0400

> The single biggest pain in GDB's process management is dealing with
> signals, especially the ways that ptrace interferes with normal
> operation.

Because of this, and other similar examples, I believe the only
way to design a new debugging interface is to walk through a
significant debugging tool like GDB and guide the interface
design by what something like GDB is trying to accomplish.

There are years and years of experience in debugging codified
into a code base like GDB, and therefore the perfect place
to mine interface guiding experience from.