David Miller wrote:
From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:38:25 -0400

The single biggest pain in GDB's process management is dealing with
signals, especially the ways that ptrace interferes with normal
operation.

Because of this, and other similar examples, I believe the only
way to design a new debugging interface is to walk through a
significant debugging tool like GDB and guide the interface
design by what something like GDB is trying to accomplish.

There are years and years of experience in debugging codified
into a code base like GDB, and therefore the perfect place
to mine interface guiding experience from.

I agree in principal, but there are years and years of old cruft in gdb too and I'm not altogether sure that separating the experience from the cruft is possible or, at least, any less work than just starting over and accumulating new cruft.

--
Chris Moller

 I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but
 I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
     -- Robert McCloskey