From: Edmund Storms [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:01 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [VO]: Hydrogen outlook?

Hi Horace,

The reason the conduction of water is said to be caused by ions is
because pure water is essentially an insulator. In fact, the purity of
water is normally measured by measuring its conductivity. As for the
speed of ions, an individual ion moves only a very short distance. This
is like electron conduction in a metal. When the field is changed, the
whole electron collection or, in this case, ion collection moves as a
unit all at the same time instantaneously, i.e. with a speed of light
reaction time.

A third electrode in an electrolytic can be thought of as two cells in
series, with one side of the third electrode being the cathode to one
cell and the other side being the anode to the other cell. As a result,
nothing special is created.

Ed