On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, EnergyLab wrote:

> So lets see, If I place a picture of the readings on my TriField meter and
> my Ham RF field strength meter what a large can of worms that will open up.
>
> May I guess?
>
> You have it positioned in a dead spot of the lab, do a test over every
> square foot.
> You do not have the gain of the meter turned high enough.
> Maybe your meter does not respond to the frequency doing it.

Um.  What?  These are the exact questions YOU should be asking, and the
exact tests YOU should already have performed, without any of us having to
tell you.   And you honestly aren't curious about the results?

> In truth the reason I am no longer participation on the thread is it is in
> my view pointless.

Doing tests like the above is pointless?  But those tests should tell you
whether your discovery is a major one or a trivial one!   Forget the
audience opinion, don't *YOU* want to know whether your device is somehow
being powered by the AM radio tower or other nearby transmitter?

It sounds to me like you're so convinced that you have a tiger by the
tail, that you've decided that external RF can't possibly power all those
LEDS, so you've stopped looking for flaws in your assumptions.  But
external RF certainly can power all those LEDS... but it has to be fairly
powerful RF, like many watts per meter fields.

> I listed the conditions of the lab location to be open an honest. But it
> appears that was a huge mistake.

I don't understand.  Are you saying that admitting the existence of the AM
tower was a MISTAKE?  Am I reading you correctly?  And now you think you
should have kept that fact hidden?  Or do you mean something different by
your remark?

>  Have we digressed to dishonest and partial disclosure 'Is In' and
> 'Honesty' is out.

Which person here is being dishonest?  If you're going to make
accusations, please give names and details of the lies they've told.

The situation seems very simple to me.  You're extracting many watts,
apparently from nothing, so either your device is powered by a fairly
powerful external RF field, or it's a major new physics discovery.

To tell the difference between the two, you either need good shielding
done properly...  or you need to get the damned device away from powerful
RF sources.

I don't think big RF sources are common.  Once you're far from the AM
tower, I doubt that there's much chance that you'll accidentally get close
to another major transmitter.  So carrying your device to a wall plug
faceplate-ground at a distant McDonalds or Burger King is a fairly good
test.  If it still works, then most of my doubts are erased.   In fact, if
it still works while in a distant location I'd be totally stunned, because
finally this is fairly good evidence that your discovery is real.

> I wish to thank Jones for at least being objective, but are some of you
> running in loops?

Get the device away from that RF source.  Move it to other locations.
See whether it keeps working regardless of which ground you connect it to.
You call this "running in loops?"   I call it harping on the same
suggestion over and over and over.

> I do not belong here (on this group) and maybe there is no other either,
> but I think in the interest of experiment it is worthwhile going down
> that road.

I think it's critical to verify that your device works when connected to
"ground."   So far you've only connected it to "ground in your lab."

Suppose it ONLY works when in your lab, but you never get working at
any other distant location.  What then?

Now for paranoia:  suppose it suddenly stops working for no good reason,
and you can never persuade it to light a single LED ever again.  You'll be
kicking yourself and wishing that you'd just (         ) while you still
had the chance.  Fill in the above blank.  A couple of other inventors
have had just this experience.  Since they weren't sure of why it worked
in the first place, somehow they lost the effect and could never get it
back.   So whatever you'd put in that blank, do it now, don't wait for the
phenomenon to suddenly vanish inexplicably.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  425-222-5066    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci