John:
I think you will find that many regular contributors on this list are of the
same mind, in that they
consider as a real possibility the existence of some kind of aether.  There are
numerous alternative
aether-based hypotheses, but the mainstream scientific community doesn't have
much interest in
them... I have subscribed to a journal called 'Galilean Electrodynamics' for
over 15 years, and they
have published numerous such articles.  Perhaps you should consider submitting
an article to them
for publication... they focus on experimental papers that contradict relativity
theory, but are
happy to publish theoretical papers as well.

Part of my motivation for posting the original question as to the
perpendicularity of E & M fields,
is to stimulate a little out of the box thinking, as the vast majority of
postings since Jan 14 have
been Rossi-related or debating a pathological skeptic who speaks in
generalities and doesn't have
the guts to use his real name...

-Mark

  _____