I know the calculations exist, but that is not my forte.

What can we detect from the magnetic component of an EM wave?

What we detect is the electric force it places of charges, this force is
orthogonal to the magnetic field and is identical to the electric component.
In other words the only way we can detect the magnetic component is from
detecting the electric component.

And if the magnetic component was not present, how would you know?

Everything would be the same, for instance if you had just the electric
component of an EM wave (transmitted from a wire antenna) and you had a
magnetic particle such as a tiny permanent magnet which creates a magnetic
field in the same way as a tiny electromagnet would. (only the size of an
electron orbit)

Then you would expect to notice a force on this tiny magnet, however the
force you get would infact be manifested as an electric force on the
electrons.
And if you looked as it, the electric force on the electrons would make
sense as the force on the electrons that are moving toward the source would
be forced up while the ones moving away would be forced down.

And if we were to look at what happens when we thrust a wire towards one
carrying a current we would find a voltage induced into it, that is how
generators work and why motors have back EMF.
If we move the wire away the electrons would be induced in the opposite
direction.

Ok, so why is this electric force created? Well the distortion of the
electric field of the electrons in the wire is complex as they are moving
and you are moving toward them, if you look at the path they take you are
closer to each electron as it moves away.

Ok, so now I can explain this however it just occurred to me how this could
be explained.
Imagine you are approaching a train, the train is spraying water from
several hoses straight out and you are walking towards this.
The water hits you, first from your left then the right as the train is
moving by, because you are approaching the train you get more wet on your
right side because when each hose passes by your right side you are closer
than when it was spraying at your left side.

This means that if the train was negatively charged these negative charges
would have more effect on your right side, this would induce a current in
you that would push electrons to your left side.
This is the same direction you would expect a current to be induced.

Now I'll admit, I have no equations on any of this.
I thought of all this myself thinking I had made a breakthrough only to
learn that this has been known for a very long time and apparently the
equations have been done.

Maybe the equations wouldn't add up? At any rate I'm not the person to find
out.

But I would think it very strange that they didn't, seriously what are the
odds of the same (except in magnitude) electric forces being created by
Magnetism and by motion distorted electric fields being a coincidence?

I'll admit I could be wrong, but you really must weigh up the evidence...

All sources of magnetic fields are moving charges/electric fields.
Magnetic fields are only felt as an orthogonal electric field, which is to
say it only effects charges and the direction is Dependant on their sign &
motion.
Analysis of how motion should distort electric fields creates predictions of
forces the same as those expected from magnetic analysis and according to
those who are able to calculate these the magnitude is the same.

You and I should be able to come to agreement on all but the issue of
magnitude which I can't hope to work out and will just take the word of
those who apparently can and have said it adds up.

Sure, when you hold a magnet and a piece of iron it takes some effort to do
away with the illusion of a magnetic field and it is far easier than trying
to work it out electrically.
But if you want to you can explain it all based on electric fields being
distorted.