On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I myself consider this demand absurd. [self-running]

You would have to to continue believing in CF, considering in 22 years no
one has been able to do it.

> The experts' outrage vanished that evening when Orville finally took to
the air. They were awestruck.

Because, once in the air, it no longer used the derrick. It was a matter of
duration. Similarly, if Rossi's device can take to the air, and stay in the
air for some duration without its derrick, the world will be similarly
awestruck.

> Also, by the way, people who say that cold fusion is "too hard" or "anyone
should be able to do it" should think  hard about Orville on August 8, 1908.
He spent all day preparing to make one short flight. Tightening wires,
looking at the machine from all angles, running up the engine several times,
waiting for the wind to be just right.

It's easy to see why flying is difficult. It requires training, muscle
memory, like playing a piano, and anticipating many variables. No one
doubted it then or now.

But running an ecat or an electrolysis experiment? There is no similar
piano-playing type skill needed. The ecat especially, once the black box is
there, is supposed to be ready for the market. It's supposed to be turnkey.
So attaching a generator to it if the COP is high enough really should be
child's play. Sometimes comparisons are apples and oranges. This is one of
those.

> People who demand that this be made "easy" or available to anyone at this
stage do not understand technology.

But you said simple and obvious demonstrations have been done many times.

> They have no clue how difficult this is.

Of course we do. We think it's probably impossible. You can't be more
difficult than impossible.