Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The experts' outrage vanished that evening when Orville finally took to
> the air. They were awestruck.
>

> Because, once in the air, it no longer used the derrick. It was a matter of
> duration. Similarly, if Rossi's device can take to the air, and stay in the
> air for some duration without its derrick, the world will be similarly
> awestruck.

In the years before August 8, 1908, the Wrights often flew before large
crowds of people in Dayton, OH, including leading citizens who signed
affidavits saying they had seen the flights. The longest flight was 24 miles
in 39 minutes. Yet no one outside of Dayton believed a word of it. Not one
newspaper or journal. The Scientific American attacked, ridiculed and
belittled the Wrights, and continued to attack them at every opportunity,
most recently in 2003. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJthewrightb.pdf

Kelly, F. C., "They Wouldn't Believe the Wrights had Flown -- A study in
human incredulity," Harper’s Magazine 18 1 (Aug 1940): 286-300

People have not grown wiser since 1908. The arguments used against the
Wrights were almost word-for-word the same as the ones you trot out against
the cold fusion today. See the quotes from the Sci. Am. and The New York
Globe, in my paper.

As late as 1912, when aviators showed up in small American cities and towns
to do demonstrations, crowds of people showed up to tar and feather them as
scammers and frauds, and sheriffs ran them out of town, because everyone
knew that people cannot fly. This history is well documented.

It does not matter how much evidence is presented, or how convincing it is.
People like those crowds back in 1912, and people like you, will not look.

But running an ecat or an electrolysis experiment? There is no similar
> piano-playing type skill needed.

Again, you reveal that you have no idea what you are talking about. I have
seen electrochemical experiments at Mizuno's lab which nearly killed some
observers, even though Mizuno is one of the most skilled electrochemists in
the world. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/Experiments.htm#PhotosAccidents

This is a lot like saying that if Orville Wright could fly in 1908, anyone
could. Most of the first 100 people who took to the air after him were dead
by 1912. Wilbur Wright was nearly killed in Washington, in September 1908,
and his passenger Selfridge was killed.

> > People who demand that this be made "easy" or available to anyone at this
> stage do not understand technology.
>

> But you said simple and obvious demonstrations have been done many times.

I said obvious. It is not simple. It will become simple in the future, just
as driving a car or operating a computer is now simple. The first computers
I operated and programmed in the 1960s and 70s were far beyond the ability
of ordinary people to operate. There was no doubt the computers worked, and
I could make them do things even the manufacturer did not know they could
do, but it was not simple. It sure as hell wasn't easy. If you think it was,
you have never done anything difficult, or original, or at the cutting edge
of technology or science. People who talk the way you do usually have not.
You stand on the sidelines and boast that you know better than those of us
who have, but you know nothing of what you speak.