On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> By the way, I meant all of this advice to apply to the big, 100 kW
> reactor. Not the initial test of the single unit. As AG says, it  would be
> "hard to cock that up." It is a piece of cake.

I love that sort of optimism.  So do scammers.

> By the way, during the Oct. 6 test, I could have ensured there was no
> error in the thermocouple placement. I could have done that in 5 minutes.
> In my sleep. That's another reason Yugo's question is dumb. Answer #2, who
> COULDN'T do that?!?

Apparently Rossi and Lewan didn't seem to correct it.

> I went over that issue with him before the test, e-mailing him advice from
> various people about how to avoid any question about that, by using
> multiple thermocouples. I was mad as hell at Rossi for not doing it, and
> he got pretty upset with me for

telling him. That was another in a long series of sloppy mistakes on his
> part. He has been doing stuff like that for years. It is terribly annoying!

Annoying or deliberately misleading?  How would you know which it is?

> If he did not have such high heat lasting far longer than any possible
> chemical effect, his results would be unconvincing. As I have said before,
> you can toss out all instrument readings from all thermocouples and still
> be sure of these results.

Sure.  Let's out instruments and use our fallible senses and fallible
pattern recognition.  Let's go back to the alchemists' methods perhaps.

> These results are *not* dependent on instruments. I think Rossi
> fundamentally does not trust instruments. He says he wants an effect so
> large you do not need them.

He has never shown such an effect.  The October 28 demo showed no steam at
all and earlier demos mostly showed a piddling amount or it was all sent
literally to a hole in Rossi's wall.