Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As you well know, the skeptical theory is that the device remained hot due
> to extensive preheating and the storage of energy in either some sort of
> mass such as fire brick heated to high temperature or the melting of a
> comparatively low temperature alloy.

Oh, yes, I know. But that is not a theory. That is preposterous nonsense.
The observers picked the machine up to weigh it. They would have felt it
was hot. There is no such thing as a perfect insulator.

That reminds me of the "theory" that in Mizuno's heat after death event,
the water in the buckets was being drunk by thousands of rats and mice
whenever he turned his back.

All of the other "skeptical theories" are equally preposterous. There is
nothing skeptical about them. Anyone who takes them seriously is
a gullible true believer, not a skeptic.