On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Since it did not mislead anyone, and it was clear to to everyone that it
> was sloppy, I think it was annoying.
>

> Why do you call something misleading when no one is misled?

 A lot of comments I see on various forums suggest hundreds or thousands of
people have been misled

Sure.  Let's out instruments and use our fallible senses and fallible
>> pattern recognition.
>>

> Yes, let's pretend that astronomy was not done entirely with visual
> observations and simple instruments up through Tycho. Let's pretend the
> "The Origin of the Species" was not entirely based on observation, without
> a single instrument reading, as were Newton's laws. Let's pretend people
> did make any technology until Newton and the development of modern
> instruments. No metallurgy, no cities, no aqueducts, no agriculture . . .
> nothing.

The heroic accomplishments of the past were made with lots of false starts,
wasted efforts, and scams.  Why repeat all that?  This is the time of
micro-electronics and every imaginable sort of accurate sensor, cheaply and
easily acquired.  And you suggest we should avoid them?  Weird.

> He has never shown such an effect.
>

> So you say, but you refuse to comment on the fact that the machine
> remained palpably how for 4 hours when it should have cooled immediately.

As you well know, the skeptical theory is that the device remained hot due
to extensive preheating and the storage of energy in either some sort of
mass such as fire brick heated to high temperature or the melting of a
comparatively low temperature alloy.  Rossi could have put those concerns
to rest with a thorough inspection of the large E-cat of October 6.
Instead he barely allowed the lid to be lifted.  Nobody knows what was
inside the finned box in the interior of the E-cat and it was quite large
-- perhaps most of the 80Kg mass attributed in part to lead shielding was
in fact a device to store and/or generate energy.  He could have also
removed all doubt by running much longer.  That's what the NASA people said
too.  None of this is my invention nor am I the only person to make note of
it.