Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Oh?  On-demand production of **useful** heat?   From gas phase hydrogen on
> nickel, with nothing but roasting to trigger the reaction?

By "roasting" I assume you mean gas loading followed by heat. Piantelli did
that.

All results are on demand. See Henry IV:

Glendower:
I can call spirits from the vasty deep.

Hotspur:
Why, so can I, or so can any man;
But will they come when you do call for them?

> Of course, you could also just yell "The effect is real so it can be made
> useful!" over and over again, like a child trying to win an argument.

But what is wrong with that?!? Nearly every effect discovered since 1700
has started off on a small scale, and was later scaled up: electricity,
electromagnetism, radio waves, fission, lasers, transistors . . .
Transistors have been scaled in both directions: up for power switching,
and down for data. An effect is discovered at low level, often sporadic, in
the laboratory. Gradually it is understood well enough to control. Then
scaled up. That has been the pattern. Why do you insist it has not happened
with cold fusion, or that it cannot happen? I do not understand what you
insist, but you are ignoring history and common sense.