On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

> Slow down a bit John.  You get way ahead of yourself and it is too
> painful for me to attempt to explain the SR side of the issue without some
> agreements.  I will attempt to answer a few of your questions, but why not
> narrow the field to make my task easier?  Why write a book when a paragraph
> can explain your point?

I tried that, you didn't seem to ge the point.

> For instance, it should be easy for us to state a position about the
> magnetic field generated by a moving particle.

My position is that as far as I know, and as far as SR is concerned
(however incorrect ultimately) is that there is no magnetic force between 2
charged objects that are occupying the same reference frame.

And that no reference frame that does see a magnetic field from them will
see any effect on these charges from the field they appear to possess in
this other frame.

In other words, 2 negatively charged objects (tennis balls, and generally
electrons too) moving together (in the same reference frame) will not
experience any force or be seen to experience any force even in reference
frames that detect a magnetic field from them.

Is that not a clear enough position?

I say it does and I really can not quite pin down whether or not you
> agree.  Begin there and we can move forward.
>
> You clearly are not stating my position correctly when you say that I
> expect the electrons to come together in the two electron example.  All I
> have been saying is that the magnetic force calculated by a person
> occupying a moving observation frame relative to the electron pairs is
> opposite in direction to the normally expected electric repulsion.

Yes, that is obvious.
The question is what effect does our observation of such a field do to
something not in the same reference frame, and what is it seen to do.

We can at any rate remove the repulsion, either by calculation or by
placing the 2 negative charged objects in a positively charged channel (a
wire) so the direct electric forces is nullified.

   You are neglecting the larger push due to the electric repulsion that
> wins the fight for any value of velocity lower than light speed.

Which is all speeds it can possibly attain according to SR.

And no, I am not ignoring that, as I said, this force can be negated by
having a net zero charge over different reference frames as happens with a
wire.

And yet the electrons in the wire ARE effected by the magnetic field from
the other wire (protonic), they cram to one side of the wire, this is the
cause of hall effect and hall voltage generated across a wire carrying a
current in a magnetic field.

> Please read that again.
>
> Your examples of how my theory affects the electron pair are entirely off
> base.  Slow down and give what I have been saying adequate consideration
> before you jump so far off the track.

> You still have not answered the main question which is why equipment in my
> lab can not be used to observe the effects of fields that I measure upon
> moving charged particles?   Do you insist that equipment can not be used
> for this purpose?  This is a simple question and you should be able to
> construct a simple answer.

I must have missed this question, maybe it went to the spam folder.
Please clarify.