1. Stealing by RA is terrible. Remember that along with the fact of black
innovators not getting credit, there is an even more common story of
exploitation in the music industry: musicians and creators who get ripped
off, whether it's theft by a manager, record labels stealing, or this
current example. This kind of exploitation goes on all the time, and I do
believe musicians, writers, and artists, need to work to take whatever
steps they can to stop such theft. Let me tell you, I lived in the D, if
someone steals from you there, they better be prepared to get their ass
beat. I'm just saying...

2. It's racist to make assumptions about race and cultural background based
on someone's accent.

3. All civilized societies to this day, use slave labor in some forms. In
the global economy, slavery is simply pushed to the margins: slaves still
work in mines to get stuff that goes into our high tech gadgets. As long as
civilization uses slaves, there are going to be ideologies that justify the
exploitation. US racism is rooted in the history of slavery, but also in
the economic competition between north and south, and the fact that the
industrialized north didn't need slave labor because it had found a more
efficient way to exploit human labor.

4. The meaning of work, slavery, and exploitation is going to change in a
society run by machines.

And #4 is why Drexciya and techno are relevant--we live in a society of
machines, and slave labor is embedded in the very machines we use to
communicate with each other and to create techno music.

Drexciya's music reflects the experience of the people who made it,
including being black, growing up in Detroit, the history of US slavery and
racism, etc. But SLAVERY is not a "black issue" it's a human issue, which
is explored from a particular viewpoint rooted in a particular cultural
experience.

Music is not ABOUT ideas. Music is a living experience that cannot be put
into words.
If it could be put into words, then the music would actually be redundant!
If you want ideas, read a book.
The experience of listening to a Drexciya record is totally different than
talking about it.
Nothing you could say about a Drexciya record, would exhaust the potential
wealth of meanings and experience that the record contains.
Art is open ended, that's what makes it art and not propaganda...

~David