>The decline of
>the UK dance music press continues - discuss.

good topic! (but I'm sure the rest of the world doesnt care!)
Well, for a start, the way JS worded this press release makes it sound like
this is hardly the decline of the magazine, infact, quite the opposite!
Seems they're heading for world domination or something!

far cry from Johnno and Paul's little office in Ducie House! those boys
went a long way in a short time.

Tom - would be pretty interested to hear your views (although I'm sure
you're pretty busy). It looks like there will still be alot of content to
the magazine, and they're expanding further - which I guess they've been
doing for ages anyway in a smaller sense.

I mean, as soon as they sold the title, it was always going to lose a sense
of where it started out, and I felt it 'declined' a little from there.
(only in my mind though, and I'm a minority - they just made it appeal to
more people). It's a shame but I haven't read it for some time anyway
really, as well as all the other music press - but I guess they lost people
like us ages ago, and doesn't the rest of the world detest the uk music
press anyway?

I think the uk music press only really has itself to blame. (and I dont
mean the small freelancers pushing the stuff they like) There always seemed
to be such arrogance (or that is how it came across to me).
e.g. "What you should listen to this month", you SHOULD do this. They
always seemed to assume music lovers wanted the next thing pushing on them.
why not just provide information? reviews, interviews etc, instead of
tabloid style journalism. I stopped reading music magazines because they
actually wound me up. really. I really used to get actually wound up, and
not many other things wind me up.

anyway...

don't even know what my point was, just trying to coax mr magic feet into
posting his view...

alex

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring