Thunderstorms this afternoon. Then it cleared and the sun was beating down for a while. Still 70F outside. Dew point 67F. 90% humidity. Wind dropped to zero around dusk, which is the major contributing factor. Feels like a summer night outside right now. The wind should pick up a little bit later and mix things up. Hopefully.

Our 30 mile 6GHz path is about 7dB low one direction and 18dB low in the other direction (Rx high side) right now. Sitting at 256QAM and 64QAM. As I'm writing this, I'm sitting here watching the Rx high side RSL swing back up 10dB in less than a minute. Now both RSLs are even, but still 7dB below normal. And both sides back to full mod. Now it's starting to reverse. The Rx low end is going down hill while the Rx high is sitting fairly steady. And now they're even again. You can really see the frequency selective fading with the FDD split. Cool stuff. Sucks, but still cool to watch.

On 10/6/2016 9:17 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

George, is this due to some weird weather by you?

Oh, and one thing to consider if you have 3.65 interference, I found out ComEd is using 3.65 WiMAX for smartgrid, I don’t know if this is the top of the hierarchy for their 900 MHz stuff, or SCADA to substations. One tower by me they have 4 sectors and I think each AP only feeds 1-2 CPEs. It didn’t help that they totally messed up the lat/lon of their tower when they registered it in ULS. Once I looked at the CPE locations and drew lines following the stated azimuth, I saw they converged on a tower next to a ComEd facility.

*From:*Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *That One Guy /sarcasm
*Sent:* Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:05 PM
*To:* [email protected]
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] *&%$ 320

lol well it wont be coming from us for a while, we are going 3ghz silent

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 8:58 PM, George Skorup <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    Dude, I'm seeing multipath and ducting like a somebitch. Started
    around dusk. Don't beat your head into your desk. I'm seeing some
    11GHz links go from their nominal -45ish to like -35 to -60 in
    just a couple minutes, and BER alarms like crazy. This is teh suck.

    On 10/6/2016 8:47 PM, That One Guy /sarcasm wrote:

        There is some nutty madness going on on a large portion of our
        320 network, it has hit multiple sites at once.

        I know much of its self induced due to too many marginal
        installs on very limited access points

        good CINR to SMs, even matrix B I cant even get into to manage.

        uplink MCS for the most part looks good until i get into the
        frame utilization, tons of 16qam 1/2 and 100% usage with only
        6-12 mbps throughput

        I have been shifting frequencies across the network because it
        presented like interference, and a change on one AP results in
        required cascade changes across the 3ghz network since 320
        sync doesnt actually work.

        APs are basically default layer 2, no profiles changed, 7mhz
        channels mostly ABCD 90s and some split APs. sub counts range
        from 10 to 35

        I migrated a distant part of the network to 10mhz channels and
        am not seeing this issue, but subscriber counts are low

        Im at my wits end on this nonsense and am about to just put
        every AP on the network in SA mode to get a visual on what my
        spectrum looks like

        we did turn up a 450 facing southwest ten miles south of
        another 320 AP thats facing south, it blinded the SMs to the
        320 on a near channel even though they were only in the back
        lobe, but this is far from the others

        any advice from you other guys stuck with wimax would be
        appreciated

--
        If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see
        your team as part of yourself you have already failed as part
        of the team.



--

If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.


Reply via email to