On 11/7/07, James Rayner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, November 7, 2007 21:11, Zhukov Pavel wrote:
> >
> > 1) I know about Arch-Way.
> >
> > 2)  Arch starts to accelerate developing process and growing up
> > repositories, however Devs/TUs count aren't growing - this way it
> becomes
> > more and more unstable.
> >  Arch can be small but stable instead of big and unusable, since we have
> > limited numbers of Devs.
>
> Um. The group has skyrocketed in the last year, what are you talking
> about.
>
> > 4) Pacman developers do strange things deaning DB-backends and continue
> > develop ugly and very slow plaintext DB.
>
> The db isn't that slow at all. Patches are welcome otherwise.
>
> > 5) As i write above, arch devs now are growing up arch repos, but
> > dependency
> > problem still not resolved - e.g. most of resent problems can't be
> exists
> > in
> > rpm distros since it updates will be deny by package manager.
>
> What do you mean? What dependency problems? Quit with the generics.

Ok, example. I have octave and octaveforge installed.

if any of curl, gnuplot, coreutils... updated with .sobump it stop to work,
cause it linked with old libs version.
Sometime it updates after several days in repos. So, every time i should
rebuild it manually.
Why? Can't we create the rule "package _should_ be tested and _all_ packages
depends on it _should_ be rebuilded before it going to
core/extra/community."
?