--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Jim Keady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As for spending money on recreation, as an example, I can get a
>basketball league going two nights a week (which means two nights that
>these young guys won't be on the streets) for about $3-4K.  This is a
>far cry from the tens of thousands it would take to hire one new
>police officer with benefits.

Typical Cracker suggestion. Why is it that leftist, white politicians
think they can help the Black Community by throwing them a basketball?

This is what happeneds when we stop electing adults to the City Council.

I'm certain that "Basketball" isn't high up on the list of things that
people on the West Side are complaining about the day after a teenager
got shot in the face.

They need cops. They need protection - not a better jump shot.