--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dan on the flipside look at Ocean Twp. Recreation they have many
> organized sports for the kids with dozens dozens of Volunterrs we
> can't get that here we pay for help. Salaries take away from
> programs. In AP you will get say 20 volunteers to start within
weeks
> that number drops and continues to drop until left alone ask the
> Little  League.Pres. It happens over and over again. So we have to
> PAY vulunteers. How sad.

I am not going to get into socio-economic classes and perhaps be
labled a racist, but there is a problem in many homes among the
inner-city poor. I don't know the solution either. Ball fields may
not be the cure all, but you have to start somewhere. Some have been
saved by someone else reaching out. If you rely on people like me,
nothing is going to happen. Again, I disagree with him on many
issues, but Keady is willing to put his money where his mouth is and
I have to respect him for that, idealist and all. Thus, I think he
has often been attacked unfairly. I stand up for someone else too (I
have even called the dogs off Tommy Boy - not that I get any thanks
for it ;)).

>  Typical Cracker suggestion. Why is it that leftist, white
> > politicians
> > > think they can help the Black Community by throwing them a
> > basketball?
> >
> > Alright, I'm losing that warm glowy feeling for you now boychik.
> Did
> > you pick up the contract somebody put out on Keady or something?
In
> > one post you call him a CRACKER, a LEFTIST and insinuate that he
is
> > a CHILD (see below). Are you the same guy that asked JUST THIS
WEEK
> > for sympathy from this forum and that we SHOULD NOT attack each
> > other personally? If you want to give you got to take. I think
you
> > owe Jim an apology.
> >
> > > This is what happeneds when we stop electing adults to the
City