> The Draft Riots of the Civil War. America always finds someone to
>do
> the jobs that no one else will.

The "do the jobs that no one else will" is a myth that for some
reason is easily accepted. It shouldn't be. There is no job in
America where the workforce is more than 27% illegals (most are much
less than that). So in all jobs, Americans and legal aliens are
doing the work at 3x the rate as illegals are, and in most cases by
a far greater percentage.

There is no job in America that Americans won't do.  The problem
Americans are having is that they have to compete for wages against
illegals who are not trying to assimilate, rather make money to send
back home and return thereafter.

>Tommy,
> I am surprised that a conservative like you would not support
<laizze
> faire. Do you want wage controls?

No, I want fair competition.  How can an American Black laborer
demand a wage that allows him to buy a home, get his kids an ipod
and a bike, send his kids to college and have a nest egg for
retirement when an illegal will work for cheap because he is living
30 in a house and sending every penny back to Mexico so his familiy
can live well there and he can go back in 10 years and retire? He
can't.  It's unfair competition.

Let Americans compete against those that wish to stay here.

> I had a mexican doing work for me and now he owns his own company.

Was he legal or illegal?

> There have been studies looking at
> the growth of the US economy over 150 years. The economy always
>grew
> faster after great waves of immigration.

Interesting info, but useless to the current situation.  Nothing
like we are experiencing right now has ever happened in history, so
history is no guide here.

First of all, the extensive welfare state is much younger than 150
years.

No country has ever been asked to handle this many foreigners at one
time, educate them, give them healthcare, welfare, etc.

Consider some numbers.  After America was formed, the two largest
groups of immigrants from Europe are Germans, followed by Italians.
There are more illegals STANDING IN AMERICA RIGHT NOW  than all the
Germans and Italians that came here combined over the past 225
years.

We have more foriegn born people STANDING IN AMERICA RIGHT NOW than
all the immigrants who came here combined in the 350 years from 1607
to 1965.

Some assert the number of illegals crossing the border is as high as
2 million each year.  Gov. Bill Richardson of Arizona says his state
sees 4500 illegals cross the border EVERY DAY.

No one knows if American can bear this weight.

>All of these people cannot
> simply be deported.

Most can be.  Lets start with the approximately 70,000 that arrive
each year with felony records.

>It is probably the
> only thing on which I will ever agree with Dubya.

President Bush's failure to secure our borders in a time of war is a
gross dereliction of his Constitution duties (not to mention a
failure to ensure domestic tranquilty, as I would expect poor Blacks
in partuclar to rise up against this economic war being waged upon
them).

If failure to secure our boarders are grounds for impeachment, don't
expect me to stand in the way if the Democrats try.

>How do they or
> anyone rise up? Education.

I'll enroll them in school when they land here legally.

>The jews who emigrated here always knew the
> answer.

The answer was assimilation.  I don't recall them demanding any
street signs, applicaitions or 411 calls in yiddish.