> Go look at a before and after year book at Monmouth Regional, and one
> from Asbury Park.  Monouth Regional's changes don't even show.  Asbury
> Park's changes are incredible.  One whole race has been excised from the
> school.  You can't even compare the two.

Dan, how about analyzing the population shift in general over that period. Deal
can't even
maintain their own k-8 school let alone send to AP. They basically have no
studdent
population - same for Allenhurst and last Loch Arbor (OT),  Now you know Belmar
almost
always sent to St. Rose, Allenhurst to RBC, Itnerlaken wither RBC or St  Rose
since most of
these towns were either Irish Cath or Italian or a good mix of the 2.

AP has had the OPPORTUNITY with over 1 billion in state aid to build a superior
program
but failed for one reason or the other. Skip the race issue. No reason a single
race school
can't excel. You don't need white kids to make the rest smarter.

What the REAL problem is in Monmouth County as a whole is that the quality of
education
overall has diminshed (my opinion). At least in OT.

Why can't all kids have the SAME opportunity for a HIGHER level of
education/programs
offered i the speciality schools which, as you pointed out, IS NOT open to all
residents.
You have to apply and hope your kid didn't f-up along the way.

Make all the schools strict and fund more programs and enforce strict policies
as to
learning and discipline instead of letting kids skate along?

The issue has nothing to do with race. I