> Dan, how about analyzing the population shift in general over that
>period. Deal can't even
> maintain their own k-8 school let alone send to AP. They basically
>have no studdent
> population - same for Allenhurst and last Loch Arbor (OT),  Now
>you know Belmar almost
> always sent to St. Rose, Allenhurst to RBC, Itnerlaken wither RBC
>or St  Rose since most of
> these towns were either Irish Cath or Italian or a good mix of the
>2.

It's your point, so how about you analyze it?  If you are going to
suggest to me that the sending districts have less high school aged
students now than in 1996, I'm calling shenanigans.  Show me that
I'm wrong.

Your points about the various towns are wrong.  There were plenty of
students from each of those towns when I went to APHS and later when
I taught there.

Like I said - go check the yearbooks.

You will see the few years before this ruling, when RBR started the
program, a great drop off of white students, and then a full scale
vanishing afterward.

> AP has had the OPPORTUNITY with over 1 billion in state aid to
>build a superior program
> but failed for one reason or the other.

$1 bilion?  I don't think your number is right. Abbott funding is 10
years old.  We got $56 million last year.  I don't think we got $1
Billion over 10 years.  But I'm no expert.  Could be wrong.  Show me.

I've seen you complain of AP's Abbott money before.  I think the
funding formula is bad too.  However:

In the 50 years before Abbott funding, when the Feds made us house
the poor here in Federal Housing, and sent us barely anything in
education money, Asbury Park lost millions upon millions of dollars
for 50 years.

In that whole 50 years, I don't recall anyone from Asbury turning to
the folks in Ocean and demanding that they kick in for Asbury
handling a federal problem.  Yet you sure do complain alot now that
your on the losing side of the money.

If you want to blame Abbott funding, I'm with you.  Blame Asbury?
Forget it. Everyone still owes us for that 50 years.

>Skip the race issue.

Thankfully Thurgood Marshall thought differently. He didn't "skip
the race issue."  See Brown v Board of Education.

>No reason a single race school
> can't excel.

Agreed, but since Asbury Park High School was not naturally a single
race school, why bus the white kids out and make it an unnatural
single race school?

>You don't need white kids to make the rest smarter.

Agreed again, but what of the benefits of diversity, both racial and
economic?  Have those concepts been abandoned?  Well, as evidenced
by that ruling that 10 years worth of AP Board of Education members
have been too stupid to challange, apparantly so.  Very much so have
those ideas been abandoned in Asbury Park.

Also, liberal activists of yesteryear would never have sat still and
let a state sponsored segregation of a school stand.  Today's
liberal activists care more for trees and polar bears than people,
as RFK and MLK turn in their respective graves.