PhilNYC Wrote:
> FWIW, I mentioned in another thread that the difference between my SB2
> and my reference transport was very minor in sound quality before I had
> had a chance to really properly treat the acoustics in my room, and that
> I only noticed a significant difference when I finally got the room
> treatments right.  So the ability to hear the differences are affected
> by a lot of other variables.

Maybe that's a result of eliminating problems that would otherwise
obscure the peak quality of the reference transport-based system,
thereby revealing more of the potential of that system, with the SB
unable to benefit further.  At least, that's all I can logically think
of, although I imagine there could be other variables at work.

Honestly, however it pans out I can't see myself ditching the SB in
preference to any sort of CD/SACD/DVD playback system for the sake of
audio quality (gasp, I'm hereby preempted membership in any audiophile
club I suspect), since the SB has just made the overall experience of
listening to music so much better for me.

I have a similar argument for not buying tube equipment.

--
joncourage