Happy to toss in my 2 cents.  I'm no audio engineer, but I'm a music
lover, trained musician across quite a few instruments, and have
played/orchestrated/arranged and listened to live music in a variety of
venue types (which I recognize in an audiophile community is very common
of course!  I'm always humbled reading these forums!).  What I can say
is that to my ears (and a few others who have heard it) and in my
particular audio setup the PaceCar2 reclocker has had a surprisingly
positive impact.  I've had it for almost 2 weeks as has been breaking in
nicely.  I use the Transporter, feed the PaceCar, SPDIF to a Meridian
568.2 (which I recognize isn't as good as today's 2 ch DACs of
equivalent price or even lower as it's a few years old now, but very
musical and impressive for a multi-channel processor when paired with
quality cabling/power/etc.).  I have it set up to do A/B comparisons
between (1) Transporter's analog output (using it's internal DAC), (2)
T's digital coax output using Meridian's DAC, and (3) Toslink out to
PaceCar to Meridian.  Frankly the comparison is almost silly to the
point that it's a tad depressing switching back to (1) or (2).
Listening to 24/96 music is truly a treat with this system.

I don't have any personal experience with the Benchmark DAC or some of
the top DAC's in the market today to know if the relative impact on
performance would be the same or not, so just giving you all one data
point.

--
silverlight