Robin Bowes;542749 Wrote:
> On 02/05/10 23:08, mswlogo wrote:
>
> > When you don't have a good technical explanation this what people
> > resort to.
> >
> > Brahms and Marching bands in the same cut.
> >
> > What do you do for work?
> >
> > You're not a musician are you?
> >
> > You spent too much, so you must be idiot?
> >
> > I'm waiting for the spelling and grammer comments.
>
> Nah, that would be too easy a target :)
>
> What exactly are you expecting a good, technical explanation of?
>
> Several people have explained to you where your logic is flawed -
> cliveb, Phil Leigh, to name but two. Was that not good enough for you?
>
> As for your continued insistence that "clipping" a track is OK (as
> long
> as it's only an "itty bit") - do you need an explanation of why this is
> bad?
>
> In fact, the sample you posted is probably hard-limited (ie.
> compressed), which is not the same as being "clipped".
>
> Oh, and you still haven't explained to me how you *increase* dynamic
> range by cutting the peaks off the signal.
>
> R.

As I have defended myself the insults go up.

So now you're saying the example I gave isn't clipping?

Your right, I was correcting the "increase in dynamic range" in that
post when you replied. I'll let you dig it out.

There is at least 1/2 dozen folks that replied to this thread staeing
keeping Transporter/SB at full scale is critical. I totally agree and I
tried to explain why that's the case to folks that do hear it. If you
don't hear it. That's absolutely fantastic. Keep spinning that dial all
you want.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter/DuetController > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000,
DSP5500HC, DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > DuetReceiver > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)