Robin Bowes;623848 Wrote:
> On 07/04/11 04:29, brjoon1021 wrote:
> > My belief is that there is too much there for current digital
> > parameters to capture as well as analog can.
>
> Actually, that's not the case. The A/D process is relatively simple
> and
> easy to do right. Digital recordings can easily capture everything
> that
> analog can and much more. Indeed, pretty much *all* recordings are
> done
> digitally these days, even those destined for vinyl.
>
> I would say almost certainly that you prefer the "filtering" effect
> that
> vinyl reproduction has on sound - a smoothing effect, with a slight
> change in the overall frequency response.
>
> R.
> --
> "Feed that ego and you starve the soul" - Colonel J.D. Wilkes
> http://www.theshackshakers.com/

+1 - vinyl also adds noise, various distortions and compresses dynamic
range (especially at the bass end).

Anyone who has ripped vinyl using capable equipment knows that it is
(as Robin said) easy to capture EVERYTHING about the vinyl, good and
bad.

Such rips are 100% indistinguishable from the vinyl. In fact it is
possible to make them sound better than listening to the vinyl, by
excluding acoustic feedback..

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.