> Erika wrote:
> Yeah, I've read about the metabolism thing too.

I read a great article once that had a line I never forget: "you can't
excercise your way out of a bad diet."

I tried all of those excercise things: "fasted" cardio, HIIT, etc  In
the end what worked to lose fat was 3 diet rules:

(1.) No more than 30 carbs per day 6 days a week.

(2.) One day a week is a most-things-go day.  That replenishes your
carb store and keeps your metabolism up - if you didn't have this,
your body will think it's starving and refuse to give up the fat.
Plus it's fun!  The odd thing is, you find that those bad food
cravings go away.  Except for White Castles.

(3.) The exception to rule #1 is post-workout.  I usually have 20g of
carbs in the form of POM juice and then slam down a protein shake.
The high GI carbs will spike your insulin and jam that high quality
liquid protein right into your cells.  Feel the burn.