> tBone wrote:
> You just said you knew it's what the framers intended, so how would it
>  not be legislating around the amendment?

Here's the deal: this whole thing was brought on by the Cato Institute
and a sweeping ruling by a lower court that scared even the Bush
Administration.

Now that's it's in the court, and the court does seem to be agreeing
with you that there is an individual right, the real question comes
down to Justice Breyer who asked if we really want judicial reviews
from now until infinity of laws on the books.

I don't.  The federal gov't "thinks" enough as it is.

So the real solution is to acknowledge the individuals federal right,
but implement locally.  The best suggestion I've heard is Adam's which
maybe he should forward to the SCOTUS.