On 6/26/07, Eric Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's the current version of both...if it is possible to set it up
> incorrectly, then definitely puts it in the POS file for me.  I shouldn't
> have to worry about setting a friken ide correctly or not in this day and
> age.

erm.... it's configurable.  highly configurable, which is one of the
advantages to it (IMO).  with the option of configuration comes the
possibility of configuring it... well, incorrectly.

maybe it's a matter of opinion... but i'm of the opinion that that
doesn't make it a POS.  that makes it a tool that you need to get to
know and configure it properly.

there's always notepad.  hard to mess that up :)

which actually segues into the distinction between a text editor and
an IDE.  an IDE, i think almost by definition, is much more
feature-rich than a text editor.  Features mean configuration and
configuration means... well... take a few minutes to figure it out...
if you're so inclined... i'm not here to preach to you or to convert
you.  no skin off my nose if you use a different tool.

but if you're going to give Eclipse and CFE a fair shake, you should
devote some time to understanding what configurations can be made and
how to make them.  if you're not willing to do that, then you're not
really giving it a fair evaluation, IMO.

--
Charlie Griefer

"...All the world shall be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies,
and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch
you, digger, listener, runner, prince with a swift warning.
Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."