At 07:14 PM 7/20/01 -0400, Sean Young wrote:
>process.   These CCIE guys say that they come from a windows environment
>so they don't have too much with Unix platforms.  I also notice that a
>lot of CCIEs these days lack the Unix skills that are required for the
>Service Providers environment.  Most don't even know how to tunnel
>X-application through Secure Shell (SSH).  I still remember those days
>when Cisco Engineers are very well verse in both unix and routers
>skills.  I long for those days again. Comments anyone?

So what is the problem?  I mean, yes, it is unfortunate.  However, in no
way is it a requirement to become a CCIE.  Would I prefer a CCIE with a
unix background, yeah definitely.  However, that is just asking for more
candy coating.

My guess is, past CCIEs had more experience because Cisco ACS was only
available on unix maybe?

-Carroll Kong