All makes sense
Based on replies Plan is to attach snatch block to toe rail mast area have the
sheet run to and tied off at my extra winch on one end thru block and clipped
off to upper lifeline tensioned to not flip around
When reaching will attach this second line to clew  (leaving jib sheet
attached??) and this should move clew outward the open the slot !
Let try it !!

Thanks all!

John Conklin
S/V Halcyon
S/V Heartbeat
www.flirtingwithfire.com<http://www.flirtingwithfire.com>

On Aug 21, 2019, at 9:36 AM, Shawn Wright via CnC-List

This sounds like a simple solution to rig up. If anyone has photos of their
barber hauler or similar setup under use, please share!

Thanks
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com<mailto:shawngwri...@gmail.com>

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 7:28 AM CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List
I rig barberhaulers also. I attach a pulley on the toerail at the sweet spot,
with a soft shackle and string up the top of the pulley to the lower lifeline
so it doesn't flop around. I keep a short 5/16" diameter line for this purpose
with a carabiner in one end and clip that to the upper lifeline when not in
use. To engage the barberhauler, we simply clip it onto the clew cringle and
adjust. We have to unclip the barberhauler before tacking, so the regular sheet
needs to be tensioned before that, so some crew have complained about it's
benefit because they have to remember to do that. I may try repositioning the
pulley back a little and clipping onto the sheet instead.

I sail mostly solo now, so hope to use them as twings for the spinnaker
sheet/guys. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chuck S Resolute 1990 C&C 34R

On August 21, 2019 at 9:51 AM Jeff Helsdingen via CnC-List

Thanks Dennis, that answered some questions. We were trying to figure out who
or why there were pieces of toe rail there. Partially confusing because a
previous owner also added job track and a different previous owner had a deck
job done but didn't remove them. $75, what a deal......

Jeff
Caposhi
C&C 35 mk1 #54

On Tue., Aug. 20, 2019, 7:45 p.m. Dennis C. via CnC-List, <