In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Gian-Carlo Pascutto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Xiao Ai Lin, 1p vs LeelaBot

This game did happen. It was not meant as a challenge, but as a
friendly game to get an idea of what can be done to develop the
leading programs on 9x9. It was relayed to the cinema-screen as a
warm-up before MoGo's game.

I will be back with the review as an SGF-file, that is what I managed
to note from her review.

Thanks. I tried to analyze with Leela, but it thinks for a long time black
still has chances and only starts dropping a bit after a long think. It
would not have resigned in this position. Looking at the SGF I see white
was about to lose on time.

I have the nagging feeling Leela's operator "resigned" on behalf of the
program to prevent the computer from winning on time in what was probably
an objectively a lost position.

When I look at the game record, I see that at the end, the pro has 7:59 left, Leela 4:25. And Black is totally lost: White will capture the d4 group which only has two liberties, connecting her three groups which already have at least four liberties each, and leaving Black's b2 and b7 groups dead.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd    [EMAIL PROTECTED]