On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Gian-Carlo Pascutto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> She was also a bit "unlucky" in the sense that Leela did not understand it
> was dead lost.
>
> I use quotes because had it understood better it was losing, it would have
> put up more of a fight :-)

If Basti is correct that Leela resigned that would suggest that 'she'
actually did understand.

For the final position in the game record any strong human player will
tell you that the game is clearly over. No points are left to be
gained and the result is obvious. If Leela had persisted in attempting
to push the opponent through the clock, then I guess any EGC referee
would have considered that 'unsportsmanlike' behavior (but it would of
course be nice to know for sure).

>> As time was running out and the robot played obstinate moves, I told
>> the operator to kill it. However, it looked to me like he never
>> touched the keyboard, so when a dialog appeared, stating that
>> LeelaBot had resigned, I asked him if he had killed the robot, and he
>> replied he did not.
>
> The KGS server should have recorded the resignation instantly, but there
> is no sign of it in the game record.

Some time ago I observed that kgsgtp does not tell my program that the
opponent has resigned (which is a bit annoying because it then keeps
pondering when the game is already over). It's a long shot but maybe
this behavior somehow also goes the other way around?

Erik