Quoting mike <xha...@gmail.com>:

Yes.  At this point he is missing the MD or it is wrong.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Reid Katan <ka...@his.com> wrote:

But isn't tagging just filling in the artist/title and all that other info?
And isn't that the same as metadata? Or am I missing something?

So, getting back to the original question: The date/time metadata may actually be there, but iTunes is not displaying it (I'm guessing that one of the programs that's already been mentioned will show it if it's there)?

If that's the case, perhaps upgrading to the latest iTunes will help (assuming he's not already there).