Get info in iTunes does say "Date Modified" but no date.
Finder shows date created and date modified.
I think you can tell iTunes on the Mac to change the name of the file if the name is changed in iTunes. I believe I read that somewhere.

As I mentioned, I'll dig into iTunes at some point to make it show dates, but I don't really need that capability as a tool right now.

Reid Katan wrote:

Dunno. I'm no expert that's for sure. I just assumed that the time stamps that shows up in "Get Info" was put into the MD by iTunes (actually, iTunes doesn't show the date added in Get Info, that I can see), and would be what it was looking for in the list headings.

I don't know if it means anything, but I just changed the name of a tune in Win Explorer to see if it changed the modified stamp. It didn't. Changed it in iTunes, and it did change the modified stamp in both iTunes and WinExp.

If Jordan Gets Info on a track, does it show the Date Modified:?

All this may be a moo point* since it sounds like maybe he's finding other alternatives.

*<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIkJ4BUChxI>