While the internet is moderately good at handling a single cross-sign
(modulo the challenges we had with 1024-bit root deprecation due to a bug
in OpenSSL's path building -- now fixed), as we extend the chains, it seems
evident to me that server operators are unlikely to configure their servers
to serve a chain which works on all clients -- the likely result is clients
will need AIA chasing. Most (all?) non-browsers do not implement AIA
chasing. This isn't an objection, just a flag and a potential action item
on the "non-browser" side of this.

Alex