On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 03:18:47AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> My #1 vote is to throw mod_rewrite clear off the island.  =)  -- justin

Why is it so important to kill off mod_rewrite that this comes up from time
to time? Just take a look at the cvs history if you think mod_rewrite is
unmaintained - Andre has been doing a great job on it and there's a fairly
large userbase too.
If you really wan't to take the hatchet to httpd's source tree, then maybe
you should start with dead/unused mpms and perhaps mod_cache which has never
really made it to completion.
As I recall it, there was a great uproar when we suggested getting rid of
mod_asis and mod_imap, which are both essentially unused - so it doesn't
seem to make sense to go thrashing about in code that sees a fair bit of
use.

vh

Mads Toftum