On 28 July 2011 16:18, Milos Kleint <mkle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Stephen Connolly
> <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> [OT]
>> I've just read it now... it seems entirely one-sided.... it is all
>> Contributor grants rights to Sonatype, but it seems to me that there
>> is nothing return... IANAL, but AFAIK such one-sided contracts can
>> become null and void... certainly I have been advised that in Ireland
>> a 1-sided contract cannot be made to stand up in court... I do hope
>> for Sonatype's sake that you have the contract rooted in a
>> jurisdiction that permits 1-sided contracts.
>> [/OT]
>
> it seems unlikely. The same sort of agreement is signed by everyone
> contributing to netbeans and sun changed the license once or twice as
> well.  same with eclipse I think.

The eclipse one grants the contributor write access in return for
certain grants of rights to eclipse. same for sun and netbeans, but
the sonatype cla that I found via google:
http://www.sonatype.org/SonatypeCLA.pdf does not give commit access
and specifically states that sonatype may never use the submitted
patches... that is why I think it is one-sided... and that is where I
have the question.

If I am looking at the wrong CLA, fair enough