On 11/09/2013 03:06 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> Many of the words used in computer science have a meaning
> outside computer science which existed long before, i.e.
> stream, thread and so on. When I'm referring to the concept
> from computer science I'm using the English word and when I
> refer to the word out side of the computer world I'm using the
> Swedish word.

The funny thing is, the English words like "slice" and "stream" make more sense in Swedish in a technical context because they are detached from their actual meanings. That is not the case for most English speakers because they can't help but think of a slice of bread, pizza, cake, etc., at least initially. :)

Ali