On Saturday, 9 November 2013 at 10:13:42 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
The French translation for template is "modèle", I think I'll use this one. I'm okay with also giving the English "template" in my translation, but not use it (If somebody disagrees, I'm open to talk)

It sounds strange to translate a keyword. If I put it like this, it would be ok to translate a keyword when talking about it like a topic, i.e. a chapter called "Templates" (Modèle). But when referring to the actual keyword, what one need to write in the code, it seems wrong to translate it. So if you would write something like this:

Templates are ... and the keyword used is "template".

Most of the time, templates are translated as "templates". I think it is better not to add an additional cognitive indirection by translating the keyword.

The worst translation I ever saw for templates in a french C++ book was "patron". It took me a few seconds to realize what it was refering to.