Pactor is not the problem, Roger. Ops running keyboard-to-keyboard
Pactor can determine that the frequency is clear before
transmitting, just as you would in PSK, RTTY, or Olivia.

Other than excluding commercial content, its a slipperly slope to
say what kind of traffic constitutes "true ham radio" and what
doesn't. What's wrong with boaters with valid amateur licenses
sending messages to Aunt Nelly, so long as they obey the rules and
operate considerately.

    73,

       Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Roger J. Buffington"