Walt- I will agree that this is a desirable capability, and I will agree
that Hams should *Within reason* provide emergency Comms, but I DO NOT see
this scenario as a proper part of Ham service. Especially if it requires
drastic changes in our service constraints.
Really- this is an extreme case, and I am truly surprised at you for
putting it out as a serious option. (Or, was it?)
Bill-W4BSG

At 09:41 AM 9/19/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>Let me give one incident where high through put would be most desirable...
>
>When hurricanes hit the Texas Gulf Coast,  all but radio communications
>can be lost between Brownsville, Texas to Houston, Texas.  The weather
>stations there may have their eather radars operational but unable to send
>the "picture" or data to other weather stations.  A highspeed, error free,
>robust, realtime, HF data mode is needed.  The radar information may be
>7.50 K bytes or larger.  This data would need to be repeated every 5-10
>minutes during critial stages of a hurricane.
>
>Walt/K5YFW

Bill Aycock - W4BSG
Woodville, Alabama

<*> Your email settings: