From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 2:37 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] 16QPSK Modulation and Baud

You say "A highspeed, error free, robust, realtime, HF data mode is
needed."  Why would the radar images have to be digital?  It's not
perfect data, but continuously changing.  When I view radar and
satellite imagery of storms on my television set, the signal I receive
isn't digital, and it doesn't need to be for me to get full benefit of
the information.  It seems to me that digital is only 'really' important
when you need an exact perfect copy, and usually when perfect copy is
needed, the messages are a lot smaller and concise?  Perfect digital
copy is important where the purity of the received data places public
safety at risk, but I really can't see real time weather radar info's
data purity being that critical.

Erik
KI4HMS

DuBose Walt Civ AETC CONS/LGCA wrote:
> Let me give one incident where high through put would be most desirable...
>
> When hurricanes hit the Texas Gulf Coast,  all but radio communications can

be lost between Brownsville, Texas to Houston, Texas.  The weather
stations there

  may have their eather radars operational but unable to send the
"picture" or

  data to other weather stations.  A highspeed, error free, robust,
realtime, HF

data mode is needed.  The radar information may be 7.50 K bytes or
larger.  This

data would need to be repeated every 5-10 minutes during critial stages
of a hurricane.

> Walt/K5YFW

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional