From: Jared Spool [jsp...@uie.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 4:07 AM
To: Nick Gould
Cc: disc...@ixda.org
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Dustin Curtis, UX Design, and American Airlines

On Nov 24, 2009, at 11:04 PM, Nick Gould wrote:

> Fair points, Jared. Although in actual fact, in most states people
> can be fired for any or no reason - that's called "employment at
> will." There would need to be a process, of course, to validate that
> there was no discrimination in the termination and they prefer to
> have some kind of paper trail. In this case, it would be a no-
> brainer as the employee almost certainly violated company
> confidentiality obligations.

And, since we're talking about actual fact (versus any other type of
fact), most companies have a process to protect them from litigation
which involves written warnings, probation periods, and disciplinary
reviews. None of this happens quickly. While companies *can* dismiss
quickly, if there's no threat of imminent risk, they tend not to, to
protect their ass/assets.

That's why I find this whole thing suspicious.

Jared