> By "nothing happens", I mean that having forced transcoding from WMA to
> FLAC for example (for the filetypes setting), when I go to play the
> stream, I get the "connecting" message on the SB3 display,
> then...nothing. No sound, no indication of a problem.

Your settings have disabled WMA->Flac which means disabling native WMA
will result in WMA->MP3.

"Conecting" followed by nothing usually means either a timeout or a
problem in the mplayer/lame pipeline.

"Listen Again" streams start within 1-2 sec of making the request.
With mplayer transcoding, Live streams could take about 6-10 secs to
start, more if there are choices for URLs.  If your network station
timeout is set to less than 10 then this couildbe one issue.

To debug this situation use Settings/Advanced/Logging and set
player.source to INFO

--
bpa